On the first Sunday of the new year, we devoted time in our service to encouraging one another by recounting God’s faithfulness to us as individuals and as a church family. Part of what we celebrated was how the people of Seven Mile Road gave in 2012. Some highlights:
- We came into December averaging $16K/month.
- At the beginning of December, we were headed towards ending the year with a deficit of $17,000.
- In December, we received $53,000 in giving!
- Our congregational giving exceeded our budget goal for the year (which was already a 20% increase from the year before, and a 45% increase from the year before that).
- We will have given away about $36,000 in 2012 towards church planting, benevolence, mercy ministries, and global missions. Since we began in 2009, we have given away about $82,000 to Jesus’ broader kingdom work.
To borrow a friend’s phrase, we are a ‘snail fart’ of a church. Small. Unimpressive. Puttering along. But God is glorious and we boast in Him.
Soli Deo Gloria!