- How is your devotional life?
- Can you identify with Martha? How?
- Martha is described in the story as “distracted”,” anxious”, and “troubled by many things.”Do these descriptions fit you?
- If you find yourself “too busy to pray” what might be the deeper issue in your life leading to your prayerlessness?
- What makes you choose much serving (Martha in vs. 40) over sitting at the Lord’s feet and listening to His teaching (Mary in vs. 39)?
- How does the gospel address us when we find our identity/self-worth/value in our work and productivity?
- Jesus wants you more than He wants your work. If you believed this, what difference would it make in your life?