As we continue The Gospel According to Exodus, this week we preached Salvation through Judgment from Exodus 7-11. Here are some questions for you and/or your SoulCare Community to consider in applying the text.
1. Imagine living through the plagues. What would that have been like if you were an Egyptian? A Hebrew?
2. What was the purpose of the plagues?
3. What are the false gods in your life? How is God showing you that these gods are mere worthless idols?
4. In the Scriptures, where do you see God bringing about a new creation through de-creation? Or to say it another way, accomplishing salvation through judgment?
5. Jesus came to know God in judgment so that you can know God in salvation. What does that mean to you?
6. Jesus came so that blind men might see, the deaf might hear, the lame might walk, and the dead might live. Where specifically is God calling you to participate in the redeeming, restoring work of Jesus?