Coming this Sunday: Message 10 of Christ Crucified
Christ Crucified For Our Justification
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Romans 3:24-25
When we stand before a Holy God, the Judge of all the world, only one word could describe us: “Guilty.” We have disobeyed God’s commands and broken His law. Like a guilty criminal before a Judge, we stand before God and the evidence of our sin clearly condemns us. Yet through the Cross of Christ, the most incredible transaction occurs. The guilt and penalty of our sin is placed upon Jesus. He dies the death we should have died. Then, if that were not stunning enough, by faith, the righteousness of Jesus’ sinless perfection is transferred to us! God declares us “Not Guilty.” In fact, He sees us through the shed blood of Christ and declares us righteous. What a marvelous exchange!
Scripture: Romans 3:21-31; 4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:1-14
Questions to Consider:
1) What is the doctrine of justification? How would you explain it to a neighbor?
2) How does God justify us in grace without compromising His justice?
3) How does God see you right now if you have been justified in Christ? How does that affect you?
4) Where do you get your sense of identity from? How would believing the doctrine of justification free you from achieving an identity to receiving one?
5) In light of justification, how is Christ crucified precious to you today?